A. Information Collected Online
- General Browsing. The Sites gather navigational information about the areas of the Sites that visitors visit. This information allows us to see which areas of our Sites are most visited and helps us improve the quality of your online experience by providing more of the most visited and desired features and services. Additional non-personal information such as domain type, browser version, and service provider may be collected, which provide information regarding the general use of the Sites.
- Personal Information We Collect
- The Sites collect certain personal information from you when you voluntarily provide us with this information, including name, address, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, bank account details, PayPal account details, and any other information you choose to provide.
- The Sites collect certain personal information from you when you use the Sites, including technical information collected from the Sites about your device, for example its internet protocol address (IP address).
- We may also collect data from your use of the Sites which enables us to determine your location (for example, the location where you may scan a coupon). This location information is collected so that we can provide you with the best possible experience, for fraud prevention purposes, and to operate and improve the Sites. The Sites may not be able to operate properly without collecting this location information and so by using the Sites, you confirm that you agree to this.
B. Shopmium's Social Media Site Pages
- Personal information may be collected directly by the Sites through certain social media pages and may also be collected by the social media site hosting Shopmium's social media page, as applicable.
- The social media sites where Shopmium has its social media pages (for example, on Facebook or Twitter) may provide aggregate information and analysis to Shopmium about visitors' use of our social media pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of our social media pages, and users' interaction with content on our social media pages. Overall, this information may be used to help us understand the types of visitors and users of our social media pages and their use of the content.
C. Information We Collect If You Apply For A Job.
If you want to work for us, you can submit a curriculum vitae or resume online. When you fill out an online employment application, we will collect personal data such as your name and contact details. We will use this information to evaluate you as a candidate for the position for which you applied and to contact you about the position.
D. Using Information We Collect Online
- We use the information we collect to fulfil Requests in relation to any of our Promotions; to contact you if we have difficulty transmitting Rebates to you; to send communications regarding our services and Promotions; to respond to your inquiries; to conduct surveys, sweepstakes, or contests; to develop our Promotions, services, and the Sites; to display reviews submitted by you on the Sites; to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and to consider you for employment.
- If you no longer wish to receive Notifications from the Sites, please follow the "unsubscribe" instructions included on every newsletter sent by Shopmium or unsubscribe through your User Account. Please be aware, however, that even if you request to be removed from our Notification marketing list, you may still receive Acknowledgements and Confirmations for any Requests placed through the Sites.
- If you signed up to receive mobile messages from Shopmium but no longer wish to receive these mobile messages, simply follow the opt-out instructions included in each mobile message.
E. Information We Share With Third Parties
- Personal information that you provide will be used for marketing and promotional purposes only by Shopmium, its group and related companies, and third party companies that we have specially selected to offer you Promotions, products, or services and where (as applicable) you have agreed to it being used for those purposes. We do not otherwise rent or sell to third parties your personal information entered on the Sites.
- We make the names and postal addresses in our postal mailing list, sometimes categorized by purchasing information, available to our partners for their marketing purposes provided that you have agreed that we may do so.
- Your personal information may be shared with certain third parties solely to allow those third parties to assist us with the operation of the Sites and our business. Some examples of the assistance that may be provided to us by third party service providers include: delivering relevant advertising to you, fulfilling "Requests", processing payments, providing electronic online investor information, monitoring site activity, providing fraud prevention services, conducting surveys, administering and maintaining employment application information, administering and sending mobile messages, and administering emails.
- When you submit a product review on any of the Sites, you agree that your name or username may be published on the Sites alongside your review.
- We may disclose specific information about you to any person or organisation to whom we are compelled to do so under the law.
F. International transfers.
- Third Party Cookies We use third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding the use of the Sites. Our service providers will place cookies on your computer and will receive information that we select that will inform us of things such as how visitors navigate around the Sites, identify which features are most used, identify which Promotions are browsed, and aggregate information. Our service providers analyse this information and provide us with aggregate reports. The information and analysis provided by our service providers will be used to assist us in better understanding our visitors' interests in the Sites and how to better serve those interests. The information collected by our service providers may be linked to and combined with information that we collect about you while you are visiting the Sites.
H. Updating Your Personal Information
We prefer to keep the personal information of users who have created a User Account accurate and up-to-date. To do this, we provide you with the opportunity to update or modify your personal information, including your billing address and preferred Rebate receipt information. You can log on to your User Account with your username and password, and you will see a menu where you can update your information.
I. Privacy Of Children On Our Sites
Shopmium does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). Shopmium does not offer Promotions to children under the age of thirteen (13), and all children's product Promotions are for purchase by adults only. No information should be submitted to the Sites by visitors less than thirteen (13) years of age.
For your convenience, the Sites may contain links to other websites that are not under our control. We are not responsible for them, and this policy does not apply to those websites or any other companies that we do not own or control. The Sites do not evaluate and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to seek out and read the privacy policies on each linked site to ensure that you are comfortable with the other websites' privacy policies and practices.
K. Your Privacy Rights
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time; and
- • the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
In addition, you may request to cancel your User Account at any time by emailing Shopmium at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your User Account will be deactivated within five (5) business days of Shopmium's receipt of your email. As stated in the Terms of Service, Section B, you will not be entitled to receive any payments upon receipt of your email termination.
M. Security Statement
We operate secure data networks provided by industry standard firewall and password protection systems to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. While we use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your information, we cannot guarantee that data will always remain secure due to transmission errors, outside events, third party hacking or other causes outside of our control. We will comply with all privacy laws and make any legally required disclosures regarding breaches of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of personal data consistent with our ability to determine the scope of a breach and our obligations to law enforcement.
N. Questions/Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com.